It’s Friday which means Susanne is hosting her weekly carnival of five favorites of the past week. In no particular order, here are five favorites I enjoyed this week, among many others!
1. A visit from my parents. We don’t see them nearly as often as we’d like so I am always glad for their visits. Plus, my mom brings goodies like cookies and a coffee cake! This visit they also brought a bench my dad made from reclaimed wood. They are so good to us!
2. A county championship title for my son’s basketball team. They won the tournament championship game in decisive fashion Saturday night, ahead something like 43-9 at the half. I like the close, intense games but I also like a big blow out every now and then! It was a great win!
3. Sharing the work of the crisis pregnancy center with a “sister” church here in our community. We are in the middle of our baby bottle fundraiser where participants fill a given baby bottle with change and other monies (and checks!). I was asked to not only distribute the bottles but to speak for a few minutes about our ministry in each service at this particular church. We at the center are so grateful for the support of area churches who help us both with financial and material resources as well as prayer support.
4. Skype. I think I told you about both chatting with Leslie (for an hour!) one day earlier this week and then about her sitting in on Bible study, all via the internet. How cool is that? Not to mention so very Jetson-y.
5. Bible study resuming this week. We had a great meeting Thursday and I’m looking forward to the iron-sharpening-iron fellowship that will take place in the coming weeks. The Lord is faithful!
What are your favorites from the past week?