I am joining other blog friends in giving thanks on Thursday for the blessings and the mercies of the previous week. This week I thank the Lord for…
- The opportunity to celebrate the impending arrival of a precious little life with a baby shower tonight.
- The cheese ring I made for the baby shower tonight. I suppose, technically speaking, that I’m not exactly thankful for it yet, as it hasn’t been served, but I had a little taste after making it last night and it’s good, well worth advance gratitude. I am also thankful for the goodies my friends will be making: caramel apple dip and mini chicken salad sandwiches, just to name a couple.
- My Southern heritage and our tradition of marking all of life’s major events–births, deaths, weddings, and so on–with food: the conventional casserole, certainly, or a cheese ring as the case may be.
- The kind of community I share with my friends and fellow church members, my sisters in Christ, where we rejoice with those who rejoice and grieve with those who grieve.
- My internet friends who encourage me through our conversations via email or twitter. Y’all are true friends to me, whether we’ve met in real life or not–and I sure hope we can someday!
- A big win for Senior Night, my son’s last home football game last Friday night.
- My husband coming home after several days (too many days!) of being out of town. I missed him!
- Open windows, cool breezes, and leaves turning.
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
What are you thankful for this week?
I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart;
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.
I will be glad and exult in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
~ Psalm 9:1-2