I am joining other blog friends in giving thanks on Thursday for the blessings and the mercies of the previous week. Today I thank the Lord for the following…
- A new cut and color. I know, I know, hair color and hair do’s are totally frivolous blessings but blessings I am grateful for nonetheless.
- The bounty of having plenty to eat and then some, a blessing brought into sharp relief as I cleaned out my fridge today. In fact, I was more than a little ashamed at the quantity of food I had allowed to spoil and thus had to toss. I am thankful for the Lord’s provision in granting us food, good food, lots of food, to eat.
- The privilege and responsibility of being a stay at home mom. Sure, cleaning out the fridge isn’t exactly the stuff dreams are made of but I am glad for it, not for the gross-ness of such a task so much but for the opportunity to serve my family in the care of my home.
- My husband who works hard to provide for us and take care of us and allows me the frivolity of a cut and color.
- The healthy dose of self examination and corresponding conviction that accompanied the discussion in Bible study of “fruit” vs. “root” repentance.
- The book of Jeremiah.
- Cool weather.
- Football Fridays.
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
What are you thankful for this week?
I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart;
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.
I will be glad and exult in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
~ Psalm 9:1-2