Today I am joining other bloggers in expressing gratitude on Thursdays for that week’s blessings.
This week I give thanks to the Lord for the following, among a multitude of other undeserved graces and mercies…
- The fall-ish weather in which I can wear boots four out of the last five days without looking ridiculous.
- The fall-ish weather in which we have been able to have our windows open throughout the day.
- Fall in general. I love October and November and, yes, even December and January. This is my favorite time of year!
- The privilege of hearing God’s Word preached with power and authority and the faithfulness of the Holy Spirit to bring conviction and encouragement through the preaching of the living Word.
- My girlfriends and sisters in Christ at my church and the fellowship and community we enjoyed Tuesday night over bowls of soup and slices of strawberry cake. I love laughing together and praying together and finding encouragement together in God’s Word.
- Sharing lunch with my fellow counselor at the pregnancy center.
- The opportunity to share the hope of the gospel with a client at the center and the confidence that when I offer her the good news that Jesus saves, I am offering to her the best and highest hope.
- My husband who loves me so much, still, and takes care of me and insures I have the newest version of iTunes so that I may be able to download the latest iPhone software. Technology is his love language and I am so thankful!
- After two busy, hectic days of errands and the like, a day at home to take care of the home-y sorts of privileges and responsibilities. Laundry, for example. Cleaning the bathrooms, perhaps. Walking the dog. A true
hermithomebody at heart, I love home!
- Fellow bloggers who are joining me in this blogging experiment.