I meant to post a Friday’s favorites yesterday, it being Friday and all, but after I posted those quotes from the Desiring God blog, I got distracted with all manner of things like cleaning out the pantry and the fridge, running errands, buying groceries, washing and folding clothes, cooking and taking supper to a friend, among other things. Hence a Friday’s Favorites on a Saturday.
Certainly this week had several notable favorites, a twenty year anniversary foremost among them all. However, I thought I’d take a different approach this week and expand on something I mentioned in my status report a couple of weeks ago. It being July, smack dab in the middle of summer, and me being weary of summer and that weariness making me cranky, I thought I’d once again remind myself of things that are good about summertime, favorite things, things worth listing and expressing gratitude for…
So, five favorite things about summer:
1. Teva flip flops. I love Teva flip flops and have three pair. So comfortable! I like the Olowahu the best; I have them in red and gray and wear them all the time. I also have the Mush Adapto in Black. So, yes, wearing flip flops in general, Teva most particularly, is something to like about summer.
2. While I’m talking fashion (a rarity, to be sure), I also like white jeans. I like wearing jeans year ’round but since I can only wear white jeans in the summer, they must be a favorite thing about summer. Please note, the restriction of wearing certain types of garments in the summer, such as white jeans and flip flops, does not necessarily render them a favorite (i.e. shorts and swim suits are not favorite things about summer).
3. Homemade ice cream. Enough said. Except I will say that my husband got a new maker for Father’s Day and it makes some really, really good cream. Yum.
4. Not having to get out the door first thing in the morning. I still get up fairly early, depending on your standards, between 6 and 7 am, but I enjoy piddling around the house in the morning and having the flexibility to choose to get out at a time of my choosing.
5. Anticipating fall. I love fall (and yes, winter too) the best, and the dog days of summer make me love them all the more. Though summer seems interminable, especially here in the South, I know that cooler days are on their way. So, weird as it may be, knowing that it will surely end is another favorite thing about summer!
What about you? Do you love summer…or merely endure as I do?
Check out other Friday Favorites, on a Friday or a Saturday as the case may be, over at Susanne’s.