My five favorite things of this past week…
1. Our book club meeting last Monday night. I know, I know, this favorite rightly belongs to last week and not this week but since I didn’t post a list of favorites last Friday and it is well deserving of a favorite status, I am including it this week. I love open and honest discussion among friends who earnestly desire the glory of God in all things. I also love books like Elyse Fitzpatrick’s Because He Loves Me that are clearly gospel-centered and Christ-glorifying. Elyse tells it to us straight and I like that.
2. Slipcovers. Yes, I have cream colored sofas and a puppy, not to mention four sons, so I am glad that I can have clean sofas with the ease of washing a couple loads of laundry.
3. Studying God’s Word with a group of serious minded Bible students who love the Savior with a single minded passion. Who am I to lead? Oh, but I am so glad for the privilege. Those women sharpen me as iron sharpens iron.
4. My circle of “internet friends,” as I call them. It is amazing to me, as I think on it, how the Lord has been so gracious to use blogging to bring about the kind of friendships I enjoy with women from around the world. I love that I have girlfriends as close as the nearest email that I can consult on things pertaining to motherhood, vacations, theology, books, and what have you. We share a true kinship, my internet friends and I, and I am so thankful for how they encourage me in pursuing the glory of God in all things.
5. It’s Friday. It’s been a busy and tiring week due both to our schedule and in some part to my own procrastination. I’m glad it’s Friday. And it’s a sunny Friday, albeit a little chilly. IAnd, looking ahead to next week’s favorites, I’m glad next week is Spring Break!