1. I am surprised by how long it is taking me to write about my trip to Nicaragua. We’ve been back a month and I’ve only posted about two of the eight days we were there! And when I do finally sit down to write about it, I am surprised by just how many words it takes me to write about it. The posts are few but they are l o n g…
2. I am weary of fighting the good fight that comprises being a mom to two teenagers and a preteen (and a tween also, but I think he still likes me). It’s as if a perpetual cloud of grouchiness has descended on our home, myself included. It is tiring.
3. It is spring break this week. Not only are we grouchy, but we are grouchy together. All week long.
4. For some reason, I always feel like spring break should be spent in the accomplishment of major projects around the house. Why that is, I have no idea. The strange thing is, I always feel like I should but I never really do. This week, however, I’d hoped to at least clean out the cabinets, a project I started Monday but haven’t completed. Yet.
5. Possibly related to #2 above: I need to see some sunshine. This gray-ness is getting to me! I don’t mind the cold, but the sun? I need it!
6. Possibly related to #2 and 3 above: I feel like I’ve been moving in slow motion! The time change, the gray and dreary weather, the grouchy teenagers, all contribute to a lethargy that is difficult to overcome. Today, however, I am determined. I will get the grocery shopping done and I will clean out more cabinets. That, or sit on the sofa and read a book. It’s a toss up at this point.
7. Definitely related to all of the above: “May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience WITH JOY…” (Col. 1:11) Yes, Lord! Grant me Your strength and Your power so that I may persevere in joy, overflowing with gratitude for Your grace and mercy!