All the cool kids are doing it–Rosemary, Kim, Dorothy , Rebecca–just to name a few of the wise and godly bloggers who are following Kim of The Upward Call in devoting Thursdays of this year to naming things for which they are grateful. Ever one to follow the crowd, especially when the crowd is full of women passionate about knowing and living for the Lord Jesus, women I hope to one day be like, I thought I’d join the fun.
So, today, among the innumerable blessings I have received, I am especially thankful for:
- My favorite Sunday school teacher and the humility and honesty he expressed from the teacher’s podium this past Sunday.
- Monday morning prayer time with a good friend. Confessing our struggles and petitioning the Lord together: it’s good. Really good.
- Wednesday morning Bible study and the fellowship with my companions in the journey. Discussing holiness and the conviction (and joy!) thereof: it’s good. Really good. I am so thankful for our Bible study group!
- The internet and the corresponding electronic and social mediums through which I’ve discovered a community of like minded friends and sisters in the Lord (the aforementioned crowd, among others). And my husband’s recommendation to download gruml, which makes keeping up with all of you a whole lot easier.
- Books, both for edification and challenge as well as entertainment and enjoyment.
- And, at the risk of sounding superficial and obnoxious, I’m also thankful for basketball and my son’s team winning the county championship and sporting a 22-3 record (with two games still left to play). What can I say? Winning is a lot of fun. 🙂 Not only that, but you have to understand: just two years ago this team only had four wins all season long. And now back to back county titles? We’ve come a long way, baby.
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside. What are you thankful for this week?