I have NOT been:
- Blogging, twittering, Facebooking, nor much of anything else computer related. I have been checking email but that’s about it.
I have been:
- Grieving over Haiti.
- Mad at Pat Robertson.
- Cheering at basketball games. And, if you can indulge me a moment, I just have to make mention of the fact that my oldest son’s team is 19-3 and have a good chance of finishing the season with (what I’ve been told is) a record setting 24 wins. Okay, mama-moment now over.
- Shopping at thrift stores. I’m a thrifty newbie but it was great fun! My friend and I headed to the big(ger) city south of us in search of skirts for our upcoming mission trip to Nicaragua. It was suggested the ladies on the mission team wear long skirts to the evening church services and to the women’s conference yours truly will be teaching. Since both of us are more apt to wear pants than skirts, we decided to see what kind of bargains we could find. I scored big on our first stop: five skirts (three to take and leave, two to keep) for less than SEVEN BUCKS.
- Getting nervous about the upcoming mission trip.
- Already homesick when I consider the upcoming mission trip.
- Attempting to get my house back in order. After packing up all the Christmas decorations (such as it is), I never really put back my usual “decor” (such as it is). I tried my hand at decorating (such as it is) this week. You know, I could have posted pictures of all my tablescapes and such, pretending I was the Nester but I didn’t because the Nester, I am not.
- Preparing for Bible study that began today (finally!). Holiness will be a tough subject but I’m so excited and our conversation this morning only fed my sense of anticipation.
- Practicing hospitality. Hosting a community group with church, planning a birthday party–in other words, I’m way outside my comfort zone. I’ve often wished I were more hospitable; now that I am (however reluctantly), I’m wishing I knew how to do it with ease and grace!
So, what have you been up to?