Joining Susanne in her celebration of five favorites of the week! My favorites:
1. Rejoicing with my dear friend in the healthy arrival of twins! My friend and her husband struggled with infertility and the various treatments thereof, suffering disappointment after disappointment for many, many months before, finally, the Lord blessed her with not one but two precious boys. Through the whole process my friend knew her hope lay in Christ, whether the Lord granted her desire for children or not. Their arrival was early and somewhat unexpected but so far everyone, Mom and babies both, are well. I am thankful for the Lord’s faithful provision. To God be the glory!
2. The snow that wasn’t quite. A dusting is all, but here down South we enjoy it just the same.
3. Going to the grocery store on Tuesday, well before the “snow rush.” It was my usual weekly trip and I was glad to have it out of the way before every other resident of my county madly bought up all the milk and bread to be had. You think I kid.
4. A two day school week. I told y’all I was dreading the return to the races and I was. I said I needed a couple more days to recover and I did. Evidently I got what I wanted! We’ve been lazy, a little stir crazy, and not at all as productive as we (I) probably should be. Oh, well. How many snow days do we get after all?
5. My new rain boots. Y’all know I was a little ambivalent at first, unsure of the protocol involved. I wore them on a rainy day a few weeks ago with my purchased-for-this-express-purpose skinny jeans tucked in (if ever I wear the skinny jeans apart from boots, please, kindly take me aside and order me home–STAT). I wore them again today to run various errands and the ensuing warmth removed all ambivalence ((they are WARM!!). I love them.
What are your favorites from this week? Link up at Susanne’s and let us know!