It’s Friday which means Susanne of Living to Tell the Story is hosting her weekly carnival, Friday’s Fave Five! So, here are five of my favorite things from this past week:
1. Homecoming Parade. Class floats, the bands, the queen and her court propped on the back of convertibles, the football team on a flatbed trailer, all capped off with the big fire truck at the end. Love it.
2. Winning. Our football team (on which my oldest boy plays) won last Friday night, 28-0. My youngest two sons’ team won their soccer match on Saturday 6-2; my second son won his 6-0. Winning isn’t everything, you’re absolutely right, but it sure is fun to see your boys play hard, do their best, and win. I’m just sayin’…
3. Rick Bragg’s All Over but the Shoutin’. I don’t think it’s my favorite book and in fact I have mixed emotions upon finishing it. I think it has made me sad more than anything else which is something of a puzzling emotion to follow such an incredibly well written memoir. But still, I liked it. Bragg’s story of his rise from dirt poor white trash to winning the Pulitzer is an amazing one indeed.
4. Bible study, Hoping for Something Better. Good stuff. A small group this week, only three of us, but still, the Lord was faithful to meet with us! Where two or three are gathered!
5. Meeting this morning with two young girlfriends. We had a great time as we chatted about real life, confessed our failures and boasted in the grace of God as our only hope (and even baked cupcakes–or one of us did!). I am so very thankful that the Lord in His sovereign plan brought the three of us together for such a time as this!
And, for a 6th favorite thing of the week: Returning to blogging. To be back, at least for a week, has been good. I’ve missed it. I’m glad to be back!
What about you? What are your five favorites of the week? Link up over at Susanne’s and let us know!