Some Monday morning, post-Easter randomness for you…
On Saturday we endured what was surely one of the coldest egg hunts in history, eating our picnic lunches even as we shivered. We ate quickly, that’s for sure.
It was nearly standing room only for the Easter morning service at our little office space-turned-church. I want to say it was a good service but “good” doesn’t do it justice. It was more than good. It was joyous and humbling both as we sang of the triumph of the cross and as our pastor proclaimed the glory of the gospel of the risen Christ, He who will come again as both Judge and Savior of the world, glory to His name!
Our Easter meal was really good, if I do say so myself. No potato salad but good just the same. So good in fact we never got around to cutting the chocolate chip pie I made for dessert. Something to look forward to tonight after supper or perhaps even a late morning snack…
Our church gathered together last night for a meal and “family meeting,” our term for the handling of the church business. As we discussed and decided the two or three items on the agenda, my heart was full as I realized again: we are really doing this thing. And, like my husband added when I told him my thoughts later, it’s working! Actually, it is the Lord at work which each of us would be quick to confess. It’s only Him and it’s all Him.
Today I need to:
- Do laundry (today and every day)
- Clean something (pick a room, any room!)
- Go to the grocery store (but not if it storms like “they” say it will)
- Clean out my closet
- Clean out my email inbox and catch up on my email replies
Today I want to:
- Drink coffee
- Tweak my template (I’m still not sure about the colors and fonts plus I want to do a link bar–what do you think?)
Today I’m wondering:
- Should I go ahead and have a piece of chocolate chip pie as a late morning snack?
- At forty years old, shouldn’t I be over feeling like a complete idiot?
- Does anyone actually read all this randomness?