It’s Monday. A cold and dreary Monday, made all the more dreary by the gloriously sunny Spring-like weekend.
Being Monday and cold and dreary, I am having a hard time getting anything done. I’ve started a load of laundry, two blog posts, a book review and a grocery list. All started; none completed. I did, however, start and finish a cup (or two or three) of coffee but I’m not sure that helps or counts.
On my mind this Monday:
- The cross. With Sunday being Easter, this is the passion week, Holy Week, a time to remember and reflect on the death and resurrection of my Lord.
- Joy. Or the lack thereof. I am by nature more melancholy than merry; yet, as our family pastor reminded our church in his sermon last night, lack of joy in the Christian is sin. We are to rejoice in Christ as our greatest delight and highest joy!
- What to cook. I am drawing a blank (yet again) in planning our supper menu for the week. Have I mentioned how much I hate going to the grocery store?
- Blogger’s block. And whether this, my third post of the day, will actually make “published” status.
- How to articulate what I liked about a book I really, really liked. It seems the more I love a book, the harder it is to review it.
- Why the Christian faith of characters in a novel seems so forced and unnatural. (Totally unrelated to the above.) Is it because me speaking of my own faith also seems forced and unnatural (to my shame)?
- Why it’s so cold in the house (64 degrees). Actually, this conundrum I solved: the heat was OFF but now on again.
- What chores I can give the boys to do this afternoon that will result in the minimum whine factor. Yes, on a cold and dreary Monday I am in fact a wimp.
- Where I put the Easter baskets last year.
So, what’s on your mind?