1. Resuming Bible study. I think I’ve told you we’re studying surrender. Good stuff. This week we considered Jesus’ call to commitment in Luke 9:23-24, And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. Talk about total commitment–denying self, taking up your cross, losing your life. Surrender, complete and total.
2. My first day “on the job” as a counselor at the crisis pregnancy center. I loved it! Among other things, I got to pray with a young expectant mom! She took a copy of a Bible study on the book of John we offer and I really think she’ll be back to talk about it!
3. Matthew West‘s newest song, The Motions. Consider the lyrics:
This might hurt
It’s not safe
But I know that I’ve gotta make a change
I don’t care
If I break
At least I’ll be feeling something
“˜Cause just ok
Is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life
I don’t wanna go through the motions
I don’t wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything?
Instead of going through the motions
Yes and amen. I don’t want to go through the motions without the all consuming passion of my Lord. I think of Romans 12:11, Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.
4. Cadbury mini eggs. Tis the season! Love them! Look forward to them every spring! One of my second favorite things about Easter; the first being the Resurrection of my Lord…
5. This comment Kelly @ Love Well left at this post of Elle’s @ A Complete Thought. I sense the tension within myself of wanting to blog, feeling as if I ought to blog, and not blogging (and then feeling guilty about it all). Kelly’s comment that blogging is not your life, well, it’s totally true and I find a lot of freedom in it. I’ll blog when I blog and in the meantime I’ll be living this ordinary life to which the Lord has called me…
So, there you go. Five faves of the week. It’s been a wild and crazy week, to be sure–stopping to count my blessings and name them one by one reminds me of the grace and mercy of my good and gracious God. As I do so, I think of many other favorites I could add; visiting our dear friends over the weekend for instance. How good is our God, the Giver of all good things!
What are your favorites this week? Let us know by linking over at Susanne’s!