My new blog friend Cindy @ Letters From Midlife tagged me to share 7 random things about myself and, secretly, I’m a little relieved. Y’all know that awhile back I posted 25 Random Things (a la Facebook). After posting the list o’ 25, I did a little reading of some of my friends’ lists and immediately decided that my list, while indeed random, was also, well, lame.
By tagging me, Cindy
has allowed me opportunity to redeem myself and offer you an amendment of sorts, an addendum to my original list of randomness. So, to further reveal the true multi-dimensioned random that is me, here are 7 more random facts about me:
1. I can understand, explain, and even recognize the off-sides penalty in soccer. In fact, I have been known to educate fans from the opposing team on the rightness of such a call. Only when they express confusion over such call, you understand.
2. While I like new clothes and find fashion fascinating, I am most comfortable in jeans and a tee shirt or sweater and little or no makeup.
3. I must wear a watch. I must. I cannot go without. Can not and will not function without my watch.
4. Despite the watch (!), I’m terrible at accessorizing, especially when it comes to jewelry. Cute, trendy jewelry is a look I am unable to carry. My favorite piece of jewelry is my charm bracelet, comprised of charms I’ve received as gifts and some I’ve purchased on my own to commemorate various events like my first real speaking opportunity or having my first article published. Sentimental stuff despite the fact I’m not really all that sentimental.
5. One of my biggest pet peeves? People who stand too close. In other words, I have a HUGE personal space. And while we’re discussing pet peeves, here’s another: when people give you the once over, looking you over from head to toe, all before looking you in the eye. HATE that!
6. I’m terribly competitive. So much so that I refuse to play games. Because I might lose. And I hate to lose. I hate to be bad at something even more.
7. One of my biggest fears? Failure. Messing up and missing out.
Finally, for one more random thing about me: fellow blogger SandySmile
(whom I know in real life too) tagged me with the Lemonade Award, given to blogs with great attitude or gratitude. How cool is that? For more gratitude and attitude (the good kind), go check out Sandra’s Groovy Kind of Life
So, there you go, Cindy! Anyone else want to share their randomness with the blog community? Consider yourself tagged!