It’s Friday, which means it’s time for Susanne’s Friday Fave Five carnival! So, in no particular order, here are five of my favorite things from this week!
1. Podcasts. Due the wonder that is the internet and the equally great wonder that is the iPod, I can download and listen to some of the greatest preaching to be had! For free! Recently I have been downloading sermons from John Piper and Matt Chandler and listening to them as I walk (for exercise, believe it or not). I love it.
On a side note, I have the privilege of listening to some of the greatest preaching to be had each and every Sunday here at my church. For free! Perhaps one day my pastor’s sermons will be available via podcast and you too can share the privilege!
2. Brooke Fraser’s album Albertine. I just downloaded it yesterday, but so far I really, really like it. I have loved her song “Shadowfeet” so I was pretty sure I would like the album as well. Plus it was named Christianitytoday.com’s album of the year last year!
3. Bible study. I think this made the list last time, but I can’t help adding it again. I thought our time together this past Wednesday was especially good. Oh, the Lord is faithful!
4. Getting together with my girlfriends for an evening of good food and great fun, not to mention lots of laughter! We munched out on salads and oohed and aaahed over each other’s wedding pictures. We also played a game involving toilet paper dress design (interesting, to say the least). That plus a word from the Word made for a great night out!
5. A (long overdue) trip to Target. For no other reason than I just want to go and I haven’t been in over two months. And here I am speaking in future tense because I am preposting prior to my trip actually taking place. I love Target and any time I get to go is definitely deserves a spot in any top five list, before or after! Plus, I plan to hit Starbuck’s conveniently located within the Target (why, of course!)–two favorites in one!
So, what about you? What’s your favorite things of the week? Post them on your site and link up over at Susanne’s where you can check out other fave’s!