It’s the alphabet game, blogging version. Here’s the rules: If you want to play, leave a comment on this post letting me know and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain will continue.
So, my blog friend Laura at Three Times a Mom posted on the letter “M,” to which I commented so she assigned me the letter “L” (perhaps a reference to Lisa and Laura?). So, in no particular order, is a non-exhaustive list of ten “L‘s” I love…
1. The Lord. Just today I have been studying Luke 7:36-50, which relates the incident of the sinful woman who anoints Jesus’ feet. Jesus says that she has been forgiven much, therefore she loves much. I, too have been forgiven much (much!) and I too long to love the Lord Jesus with the same kind of abandon and sacrifice. I love Him, because He first loved me.
2. My Love. My man. My husband. We’ve been together a lot of years, but I love him more today than ever. He loves me too, though I’m certain it’s no easy task at times!
3. Lo-mein. Especially the combo dish at PF Chang’s. Yum.
4. Laughter. Mine, my children’s, my husband’s. Truly, joy-full laughter is one of God’s great gifts to us!
5. Lamentations 3:21-26. Some of my favorite promises of God…
But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”
The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord.
6. Linguini with grilled chicken and vegetables at my favorite local Greek/Italian/pizza restaurant.
7. LOST. Yes, I’m a LOST-ie. Totally addicted, all the while totally confused!
8. Lizzy, as in Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice, my most favorite novel of all time, making her my favorite heroine of all time!
9. Les Miserables. As you know, I’m working my way through this (very L O N G) classic. I’m over 100 pages in and so far I’m liking it!
10. Laundry. You may be surprised to see laundry in my top ten “L” list of things I love and, you’re right, I don’t love it, not really. But I don’t mind it too much; something about folding clothes appeals to my love for all things methodical. Yes, I really am that weird!
Thanks, Laura, for
blog filler for another day the opportunity to play! So, anyone else want to play along? Let me know in the comments!