1. It’s cold. Nine degrees kind of cold when I took the boys to school this morning.
2. When one son has a volcano project due today and another son has jacket buttons that must be sewn before his choir performance this evening, it is a good time to have my mother visit as she is quite skilled at projects and sewing both.
3. I am not, and never will be, a fashionista. Case in point: The other day my son asked me, “Mama, why are you so dressed up?” He was obviously impressed. I was wearing (unironed) khakis, a turtleneck, and, oh yeah, lipstick.
4. Sanctification is an ongoing process. I won’t confess to you how I know this to be true, but I do.
5. My second son is a born performer. My husband and I are both puzzled as to whence he came.
6. I know I’ve mentioned this a time or twenty, but I love coffee. In the mornings, yes. In the evenings, particularly after a really good meal, absolutely. With dessert, especially. When it’s sub freezing outside, fill ‘er up and keep it coming.
7. Did I mention it’s cold?