So, it’s Friday and time for this week’s Friday’s Fave 5, hosted by Susanne of Living to Tell the Story! Some of my favorites this week include:
1. Veterans’ Day Programs. I attended two this year, at two of my sons’ schools. With my fourth son now in the third grade, I have attended our elementary school’s third grade Veterans’ Day program four times now and let’s just say that not much has changed from year to year–particularly in regard to the finale where all the attending veterans are recognized with much pomp and ceremony as their respective branch’s song is played. I’ve seen it. Four times over. Yet, I get tears in my eyes every. single. time. Thank you, veterans!
2. Peppermint Mocha creamer. Yep, ’tis the season for one of the (very few) things I love about Christmas!
3. Amazing Grace. Yeah, God’s amazing grace for sure, but I’m thinking here of the dvd. What a story!
4. The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke. I wanted something easy and fun to read that I didn’t have to review and this book more than fit the bill. I devoured it. Wonderful!
5. Fall color. I know, I live in the South and therefore I have no real idea what true fall color is, say, in Maine or something. But this year the color we do have is GORGEOUS! I mean G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! The other day as we were driving to school I pointed out a maple that was a brilliant shade of golden yellow, exclaiming”Look, boys! Look at that tree! Isn’t it beautiful? It’s so bright it hurts my eyes!” To which my youngest son replied (with a fair amount of skepticism), “That tree?” “Yes, isn’t it GORGEOUS?” “Yeah, I see it but it don’t hurt my eyes…” I don’t think he gets it. I didn’t either, really, as a teenager living in Texas with little or no fall color. My mom would prop up on the mantle pictures of me and my siblings out in front of the fall foliage from when we lived in Alabama, and I would be mortified because in the picture I had braces, glasses and bad (bad!) hair…
I think I digress.
What are your favorites this week? Link up over at Susanne’s and let us know!