1. The end of soccer season. I love soccer season; I do. I am the quintessential soccer mom but, as you well know, all good things must come to an end. It was time.
2. The best salsa I have ever put in my mouth–EVER. My second son’s team had an end of season party and one of the parents who owns/runs a Mexican restaurant brought a tub of chips (which he probably made) and salsa (which he did make). I’ve had lots of salsa in my day, and this was so good I nearly licked my plate.
3. The Rook. I finished reading it last Friday on the edge of my seat, holding my breath, with my heart pounding. If you like suspense/mystery/thriller, then go get it. I think you’ll be glad you did. You can watch for my upcoming review over at 5 Minutes for Books. (Steven James’ first Patrick Bowers’ book, The Pawn, is good too.)
4. Chris Tomlin’s song “Praise the Father, Praise the Son.” I listened to it three times in a row this morning on the way home from taking the kids to school. Good stuff.
5. Microsoft Outlook. I’ve always used it for my email and my husband has been urging me to use the calendar application but I’ve always balked, preferring one posted on the fridge with each square full of scribbled obligations. Well, this week I’ve crossed over. It’s baby steps as I wean myself from the old habits that die hard, but so far? I’m loving it. I may find myself organized yet!
What are you loving this week? Post your five favorite things and link up over at Susanne’s!